Thursday, January 17, 2013

PARMESAN CHEESE POWDER: Alfredo Sauce




Do you love alfredo sauce from restaurants? Me too!
Well, the secret to wonderful alfredo is this ingredient:
FEATURED ITEM:
PARMESAN CHEESE POWDER
WHY STORE THIS ITEM:
  • I store this so I can make tasty soups and sauces. I’m not sure if there is much nutritional value to this but it is amazingly tasty.
  • You can find it at this great website Firehouse Pantry Store
  • It doesn’t have to be refrigerated! I love that because if the power goes out we can still have cheese flavor.
DINNER RECIPE:
Alfredo Sauce
My husband loves alfredo sauce, to the point where I think he would drink it if he could. That being said we eat a fair amount of alfredo at my house. For the longest time we could not find a sauce at the store that we liked. The ones we tried either had a chemical taste or tasted fake so I decided I would try making my own. After much trial and error I finally came up with the perfect combination.

Makes: 4 Servings of sauce
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:

¼ cup butter
1 teaspoon oil
1 tablespoon flour
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
¼ cup Parmesan cheese powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper

Directions:

Heat a large skillet to medium high. When the skillet is warm add the butter and oil. Allow the butter and oil to heat until bubbly.

When the butter is bubbly add the flour and stir continuously for 2 to 3 minutes to make sure the flour is fully incorporated with the butter.

Add the garlic to the pan and stir until the garlic is warmed and aromatic, about 1 minute.

Pour the cream and milk into the pan and bring to a low boil. Lower the heat and allow the mixture to simmer until slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.

Stirring constantly, add the cheese, salt, and pepper to the mixture. Continue mixing for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is fully incorporated and dissolved.

Serve over hot pasta. Add some chicken and broccoli for a quick and easy week night meal. Enjoy!


Tell us what you made!
Please leave a recipe of what you made with this week’s featured item in the comments field or email it to us.


 

2 comments: