Tuesday, January 1, 2013

VINEGAR: Cole Slaw

Featured Item
VINEGAR

Used to add the Tang to life!
Why I store this:
  • This stuff lasts FOREVER! Really, because it is so acidic it will keep just fine forever.
  • Vinegar does not need to be refrigerated. Because of all the other condiments I like to keep, I'm glad this one can live in the pantry.
  • Vinegar is good for so many things is is truely a miracle item to keep in your house. Besides salad dressings and pickling it can be used for many medicinal purposes and cleaning. Check out this website if you don't belive me, 131 Uses for Vinegar
Dinner Recipe
Creamy Cole Slaw

I feel like I'm always searching for that perfect coleslaw recipe. I'm not really sure what I want in a
coleslaw but I'll know it when I find it. In the mean time, I just keep trying out different recipes.
This one I found from Epicurious that was mighty tasty. I'm not sure if it's the perfect coleslaw for me,
but it is a great one to keep in your repertoire
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:

1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/8 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cup chopped cabbage
1 cup matchstick carrots

Directions:

Mix the first six ingredients together until smooth. Add the cabbage and carrots and mix until everything is well coated. Allow the coleslaw to chill for about an hour before serving.

Tell us what you made!
Do you have the perfect coleslaw recipe? Please leave it in the comments or email it to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment