Monday, February 18, 2013

Homemade Item: CAKE FLOUR



Have you ever bought a large bag of cake flour so you could use just a little bit for one recipe? I have so many times until I realized that I can make a cake flour substitute. This works just as well, if not better, because I have all the ingredients at home and I can make as much or a little as I need.

Cake flour is just super refined flour that bakes up lighter and fluffier that regular four. Wit out further ado, here is the recipe I like to use.

Take your favorite cornstarch


Measure out 2 tablespoons


Dump it into a 1 cup measuring cup


Fill the rest of the cup with flour


Dump the cup into a mixing bowl


Mix thoroughly, you could also use a sifter and just sift a few times


Now you have one cup of cake flour substitute, repeat recipe for however many cups of cake flour you need.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you could make your own cake flour! Normally I just substituted normal flour and hoped for the best. I'm excited to try this next time I make a cake!

    ReplyDelete