Wednesday, February 6, 2013

PUMPKING: Pumpking Ravioli Filling

About a year ago, my relationship with the store bought cheese filled ravioli was straining. It was just the same old thing every time and I was tired of it. I needed some excitement in my ravioli filling, I needed a change. So we broke it off and I ventured out on my own and never looked back.

With the right tools, homemade ravioli is so incredibly easy so don’t be scared of it.  The taste is so fresh and flavorful, you will never look at store ravioli the same. Here are my favorite pasta and ravioli making tools. They work great! You can see directions for how to use the ravioli maker here.

Whenever I make something with pumpkin I seem to end up with a half can of pumpkin in my fridge and I don’t know what to do with it.


This ravioli filling recipe is the perfect way to finish off a can of pumpkin. Once again Epicurious has a fabulous recipe bursting with delicious pumpkin making it perfect for a cold winter evening.  I love pumpkin flavor so this filling has been placed at the top of my list of favorite fillings.

Here are all the ingredients in my food processor; it smells like fall and cold weather.


Nice and mixed together!


I didn’t have any more breadcrumbs so I had to use cornflake crumbs to make the paste. It seemed to turn out ok.


The ravioli turned out very delicious. We topped them with alfredo sauce, you can find a great recipe here!

This is a close up on the filling, look at the flavor.

Dinner Recipe
Pumpking Ravioli Filling

Makes: 8 Serving
Cook Time: 10 minutes, does not include time to make the ravioli

Ingredients:

¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
½ cup ricotta cheese
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 egg
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Dash of Cinnamon
Dash of Ginger
Dash of Colve
Handful of breadcrumbs

Directions:

In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and mix well until all the ingredients are combined. Slowly add in the breadcrumbs, about a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture becomes paste like.

Use the mixture in your favorite filled pasta. 

Tell us what you made!
How do you like to use up the rest of a can of pumpkin? Leave a comment of send us an email.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment